Skydiving is an activity most people have on their bucket lists. Many people are unaware that this activity actually has many benefits to the body. More than the adrenaline rush, this sport helps you de-stress, forget about your worries, and just enjoy life. The act of skydiving itself involves free falling from around 14,000 feet at a rate of 120 mph for a minute, and then pulling a parachute and peacefully gliding to the ground for 5 minutes.
Most of the health benefits of skydiving sport are psychological and emotional, and here is Health Fitness Revolution‘s list of how skydiving can make you healthier:
- Stress Relief: Psychologists say inclination to try high risk activities is essential for the continuation of the human species. When you skydive, you focus on what you are doing and on nothing else. You forget all your worries and the usual distractions of life. This intense focus with the adrenaline rush makes you feel cleansed both mentally and physically.
- Physical Benefits: It builds upper arm strength in controlling the parachute as well as the big muscle groups in the lower body for landing. Lugging skydiving gear around also burns energy and tones muscles.
- Facing Your Fears: If you can skydive, you can do anything. Skydiving is obviously a very extreme activity. It’s also a great way to help you realize that you’re stronger than what you think you are. If you can skydive, you can do anything- including getting up in front of a large crowd and giving a speech!
- Challenging Yourself: Once you’ve conquered skydiving, you can count on the fact that you’ll be up to any challenge anytime!
- It Changes Your View: Like most people, you have many fears- both legitimate and overreactive. Unfortunately, these beliefs are what prevent most people from excelling in life. Once you take the “big leap”, you’ll come to the conscious realization that life isn’t as dangerous as what you’ve been taught to believe, making it much easier to achieve your goals.
- Creating Confidence: As soon as you skydive, you’re going to notice something different about yourself. You know the feeling that you get after you’ve achieved something “big”? Well, imagine that feeling times ten. It’s almost as if you’re a new person afterward. Skydiving gives a life changing confidence boost!
- Physical and Mental Rejeuvenation: Adrenaline is a survival mechanism, necessary for overall health. You feel excited and energetic as your body responds to the adrenaline rush. Moreover, skydivers say that this activity requires intense control over the mind. You acquire an increased awareness of the things around you when you jump off the plane.
- Beauty Awareness: The adrenaline boost coupled with the confidence boost will give you a new perspective on the world around you- even heightening your perception of beauty!
skydiving article source: www.healthfitnessrevolution.org